Call for Papers
Abstracts are invited for the 45th European Transport Conference, which will be held in Barcelona between 4 and 6 October 2017
The Association has identified the following themes which it would like to address in this year's conference:
- Resilience of cities - security, safety and the effects of weather
- Disruptive Technologies
- Mobility as a Service
- Equity in transport
- Value of Time
- How to get from innovative ideas to implementation in the real world - lessons to be learned from innovation
- The implications of these themes for models and modellers
- Skills and resources - educating the next generation of good, future-proof professionals
The AET Programme Committees are also identifying themes and topics which they would like to pursue in the 2017 Conference, which are published as individual pages.
In order to be part of this Conference as a speaker, we urge you to click onto the downloadable document below and to Submit an Abstract on one of the topics outlined or on a subject of your choosing. Please give as much detail as possible to allow the Programme Committees to make an informed decision.
There are a number of prestigious awards available for the best papers presented at the European Transport Conference.
Papers considered for these awards are reviewed by a subject-panel made up of senior academics and professionals from across the transport community.
The awards for the European Transport Conference 2017 are:
- Neil Mansfield Award for the best paper by a sole author aged under 35 years.
- Planning for Sustainable Land Use and Transport Programme Committee Award on sustainable land-use or transport solutions.
To be eligible for any of the awards, you must have submitted an abstract by the deadline and your paper must be selected for Conference.
The deadline for abstract submissions is 8 February 2017.
The call for papers for ETC 2017 can be downloaded below, or obtained from: Sally Scarlett