Call for Papers
Abstracts are invited for the 44th European Transport Conference, which will be held in Barcelona between 5 and 7 October 2016.
The Association has identified the following themes which it would like to address in this year's conference:
- Urban Mobility
- The challenges posed by increasing examples of extreme weather conditions
- Planning for the safety and security of transport infrastructure and of interchanges
- Equity in transport
- The role of ICT on spatial and transportation patterns
- What is the future for the accessibility and connectivity of rural areas?
- Disruptive technologies – new ways of supplying mobility services
- Developments in large-scale models and databases
- National travel surveys
- Developments in electric vehicles and car-sharing
- Transport and Tourism
- Connected and autonomous vehicles
- Consideration of the needs of women in accessing transport services
- Accessibility for those with impaired mobility
The AET Programme Committees are also identifying themes and topics which they would like to pursue in the 2016 Conference, which will be published shortly.
In order to be part of this Conference as a speaker, we urge you to click onto the downloadable document below and to Submit an Abstract on one of the topics outlined or on a subject of your choosing. Please give as much detail as possible to allow the Programme Committees to make an informed decision.
There are a number of prestigious awards available for the best papers presented at the European Transport Conference.
Papers considered for these awards are reviewed by a subject-panel made up of senior academics and professionals from across the transport community.
The awards for the European Transport Conference 2016 are:
- Neil Mansfield Award for the best paper by a sole author aged under 35 years.
- Planning for Sustainable Land Use and Transport Programme Committee Award on sustainable land-use or transport solutions.
To be eligible for any of the awards, you must have submitted an abstract by the deadline and your paper must be selected for Conference.
The deadline for abstract submissions is 8 February 2016.
The call for papers for ETC 2016 can be downloaded below, or obtained from: Sally Scarlett