ETC 2017: Planning for Sustainable Land Use and Transport - Stream Announcement
The PSLUT stream provides a home for issues at the leading edge of policy development at the interface between land use and transport planning. Its focus is on sustainable solutions to land use and transport problems and how to measure and evaluate their effectiveness and impacts.
Join us for this year's programme at ETC 2017 which includes:
• Equity issues (e.g. inclusion and exclusion; solutions for non-car users)
• Transport in cities (e.g. first and last mile; SUMP’s; assessment studies; emissions in cities)
• Mode shift and travel behaviour (e.g. trends and drivers; life events; role of energy efficient modes; effects of road closure; shift to cycling and the role of the e-bike)
• Land use and transport interaction (e.g. trends; role of BRT; tradeoffs between land use and transport characteristics)
• Transit oriented development (e.g. assessment of locations and options; planning issues; accessibility challenges)
• New technologies and autonomous driving (e.g. role of smartphones, changes in parking; social, behavioural and urban impacts)
• Dealing with complex issues (transition, uncertainty and wicked problems) in research and planning uncertainty (a dialogue session in which speakers invite the audience to reflect on these issues together)
Sabrina@tftp-training.co.uk for more information.